Shimmer – Footer setup
Shimmer footer area includes a call to action (CTA) area, Instagram feed area, copyright area, and footer menu.
Call to action area
This is a special area where you can direct your readers to most important content of your website such as a newsletter opt-in page. To configure;
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Shimmer Theme Settings > Footer Call to Action Area
- Write the title of your campaign in the “Title” section.
- Write the button text into “Button Text” section.
- Paste your link for the button into “Button Url” section
- Click on publish button.
- If you want to disable call to action area all together, uncheck ”
Display footer call to action section?” checkbox and save.
You can display a feed of your Instagram profile or your preferred Instagram hashtag in the footer area. To configure;
- Activate Instagram feed plugin and follow the plugin’s instructions to add your Instagram account.
- From your WordPress admin dashboard go to Instagram Gallery > Feeds > Add new gallery.
- Select Carousel or Gallery option from layout section.
- Set the “Limit” and “Columns” settings to your preferred numbers. For demo website, we set both of these to 6.
- Set “Image Spacing” to zero.
- Scroll to the bottom to write your own custom text for the button and click on update button.
- Once updated, you should see a shortcode of your feed at the top of this page.
- Take a look at this code to see your Instagram feed ID.
- Paste this number to Appearance > Customize > Shimmer Theme Settings > Footer Settings > Instagram Gallery ID and publish the customizer.
- If you want to disable Instagram feed from footer, uncheck the ” Display Instagram Gallery section?” checkbox from Appearance > Customize > Shimmer Theme Settings > Footer Settings
This where you can change the footer copyright text. If left blank only the copyright year will show. To configure;
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Shimmer Theme Settings > Footer Settings. Write your copyright text into “Copyright” section.
- If you want to give us design credit in your footer section, enable the checkbox under this section. Click on publish button.
You can show your legal links in this section. To configure please follow the steps in Navigation Setup. You’ll also learn how you can display payment icons in this area.